Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Martini Toast


Every Holiday deserves the right drink for the holiday toast. Wine is very nice but I think thanksgiving deserves something with a little more thought behind it. Now I usually prefer the traditional martini recipe with the gin and dry vermouth decorated with an olive. But I decided to try a little something different for the holidays, so I purchased two bottles of Harry and Davids White Chocolate Martini Mix. One to experiment with and one to take to the Thanksgiving celebration.
First I tried just the gin but nay that was very bitter and not too good. Then a little vermouth better but it needs something because it’s still not that good. So I thought maybe a little fruity flavor. So I tried some with some raspberry vodka and a dash of black raspberry brandy shook it up with some crushed ice, decorated a martini glass with margarita sugar. Poured it in to the martini glass and topped it with whip cream. Now that’s good enough for the Thanksgiving toast and I would highly recommend it for your Holiday toast as well.

Oh and you might want to try a chocolate cherry on a tooth pick instead of the traditional olive. Just watch that really make their taste buds beg for more. I know it makes my mouth water just thinking of it. Maybe just a piece of dark chocolate would do or even a mint chocolate. Got any ideas leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment